- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest The Virginian-Pilot Items
Seven media groups won "Grand Slam" honors in the annual Associated Press Sports Editors' writing and sections contest that was held this week.
A state commission created to soften the blow of military base closings in Virginia is proposing cooperation over confrontation, a tack that is finding little political support.
A Navy report concludes that a series of missteps led to a deadly Humvee accident last May at Kentucky's Fort Knox.
A series of missteps led to a deadly Humvee accident last May at Kentucky's Fort Knox, a Navy investigation concludes.
A jury deadlocked in the trial of a Norfolk man charged in a shooting death at a pharmacy.
A freighter that ran aground in the Elizabeth River is moving again.
The port of Hampton Roads started the new year with an increase in container traffic.
House Republicans leaders want the state Republican Party's treasurer to resign over an offensive comment he made during a Facebook chat about a female lawmaker.
Some residents disagree with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on the management of a Hyde County lake.