- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest The Virginian-Pilot Items
A Norfolk-based E-2C Hawkeye squadron is reporting to a new commanding officer as it nears the end of its deployment in the Persian Gulf.
Suffolk officials say the city erroneously paid thousands of dollars in holiday overtime to firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
The Cape Hatteras National Seashore plans to restrict driving on the beach where shorebirds are expected to nest.
A federal judge is allowing a class action suit by Dollar Tree Inc. workers to move forward.
The city of Norfolk has taken ownership of a century-old theater.
A state commission created to soften the blow of military base closings in Virginia is proposing cooperation over confrontation, a tack that is finding little political support.
A series of missteps led to a deadly Humvee accident last May at Kentucky's Fort Knox, a Navy investigation concludes.
A jury deadlocked in the trial of a Norfolk man charged in a shooting death at a pharmacy.
Some residents disagree with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on the management of a Hyde County lake.