- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest The Wimbledon Items
With his injured left foot numbed by anesthetics, Rafael Nadal surged right back into the Wimbledon semifinals.
Six-time champion Roger Federer was upset in the Wimbledon quarterfinals for the second straight year Wednesday, squandering a two-set lead for the first time at a Grand Slam tournament and losing to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 3-6, 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.
Rafael Nadal is not seriously injured and will play Wednesday in the Wimbledon quarterfinals.
Maria Sharapova looked like a champion under the Centre Court roof at Wimbledon, advancing to the semifinals at the All England Club for the first time since 2006 with a 6-1, 6-1 win over Dominika Cibulkova on Tuesday.
Defending champion Rafael Nadal completed an hour-long practice session Tuesday, hours after announcing he would play in the Wimbledon quarterfinals against Mardy Fish.
Rafael Nadal will play in the Wimbledon quarterfinals despite a left foot injury.
A person with knowledge of the medical test results tells The Associated Press that Rafael Nadal is not seriously injured and is expected to play in the Wimbledon quarterfinals.
Venus and Serena Williams were eliminated in the fourth round of Wimbledon on Monday, the first time in five years that neither sister will play in the quarterfinals at the All England Club.
Three-time Wimbledon runner-up Andy Roddick was eliminated 7-6 (2), 7-6 (2), 6-4 Friday by Feliciano Lopez in the third round, the biggest upset of the men's tournament so far.