- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest The Wire Items
Don Draper ("Mad Men"), Tony Soprano ("The Sopranos") and Walter White ("Breaking Bad") are indeed difficult men. They are emotionally tormented, brooding and moody. Yet, they wield significant influence. These dark characters, brought to life by equally unhappy men, have ushered in a new era of storytelling.
Robert Chew, who played Proposition Joe on the HBO series "The Wire," has died. He was 52.
Desperation, poor timing, denial, miscommunication, estrangement, insecurities. All the stuff of comedy _ thanks to Melissa James Gibson's gift of quirky, intellectual writing as presented in her inventive new play "What Rhymes With America."
The media are under fire, celebrities are under the microscope. Welcome to Britain in 2012 _ or in the 1950s, the setting for the BBC drama "The Hour."
Who doesn't love a wealthy family's bloody saga?
It seems you just can't watch TV without confronting politics.
"True Blood" star Chris Bauer is going to be sinking his teeth in a new play in New York.
Betsy Livingston knew in school what the rest of America has since learned about Barack Obama: He is a hard guy to know, but also a hard guy to dislike.
July 15: Actor Alex Karras ("Webster") is 77. Actor Ken Kercheval ("Dallas") is 77. Actor Patrick Wayne is 73. Actor Jan-Michael Vincent is 68. R&B singer Millie Jackson is 68. Guitarist-singer Peter Lewis of Moby Grape is 67. Singer Linda Ronstadt is 66. Drummer Artimus Pyle (Lynyrd Skynyrd) is 64. Actor Terry O'Quinn is 60. Drummer Marky Ramone (The Ramones) is 56. Guitarist Joe Satriani is 56. Actor Willie Aames ("Eight Is Enough," "Charles in Charge") is 52. Model Kim Alexis is 52. Actress Lolita Davidovich is 51. Actor-director Forest Whitaker is 51. Actress Brigitte Nielsen is 49. Drummer Jason Bonham is 46. Actor Kristoff St. John ("The Young and the Restless") is 46. Singer Stokley of Mint Condition is 45. Actor-comedian Eddie Griffin ("Malcolm and Eddie") is 44. Bassist Chi Cheng of Deftones is 42. Actor Scott Foley ("Felicity") is 40. Actor Brian Austin Green is 39. Rapper Jim Jones is 36. Actress Lana Parrilla ("Swingtown") is 35. Guitarist Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance is 35. Singer Kia Thornton of Divine is 31. Actor Tristan Wilds ("90210") is 23.