- Hillary: I was indeed ‘dead broke,’ but shouldn’t have said so
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
The World Cup
Latest The World Cup Items
FIFA rejected calls to move the 2018 World Cup from Russia, saying the tournament "can achieve positive change."
In a gesture of gratitude and affection, the Argentinean national soccer team, which lost Sunday to Germany in the 2014 World Cup final, sent Pope Francis an official team jersey autographed by each of its players.
Scolari had promised to win the tournament at home, but Brazil was eliminated in the semifinals after a disastrous 7-1 loss to Germany in the national team's worst defeat in its 100-year history. Brazil also fell 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third-place match.
The World Cup Third Place game is usually overlooked, but after falling short of the final is it for the Dutch to make a change?
As American teen Kendall Jones faces backlash for posting big-game hunting pictures online, another teen in Belgium has lost a major modeling contract after sharing a similar photo.
Renata de Mouro Moitinho sambas so fast her feet blur, but her partner moves with the bumbling tentativeness of a toddler taking his first steps.
The Pontifical Council for Culture launched an effort designed to unite the world in asking for peace in warring countries by observing a moment of silence during the final game of the World Cup.
Sunday's final game is a matchup between Argentina and Germany, the native countries of the current and former popes. Who knew the World Cup would be such a rich source of religion news?
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.