- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
The World Series
Latest The World Series Items
Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs, will celebrate the 100th anniversary of its first game on Wednesday with an afternoon matchup against Arizona. The ballpark that opened as Weeghman Park on April 23, 1914, has been the scene of some of baseball's most memorable plays and millions of fans have come through its gates. Memories from some of them:
The Cal Ripken 10-year-old World Series and Jonesboro city officials have finalized plans for Jonesboro to host the 2015 series.
The ceremony was grand. The rings were great.
The Boston Red Sox put right fielder Shane Victorino on the 15-day disabled list Monday because of a strained right hamstring, making the move before the World Series champions opened the season at Baltimore.
We know Matt Williams can make the trains run on time. And we know he can come up with a daily quote to keep his players focused. We don't know if Williams can manage a team to a World Series championship.
From every slot in a talented, experienced rotation to the back end of the bullpen and in between, to the starting fielders and the role players on the bench, it's hard to find a member of the San Francisco Giants pleased with his 2013 season.
Outfielder Grady Sizemore returned to the field for the first time since 2011 as the World Series champion Boston Red Sox started off their spring schedule Thursday, beating Northeastern 5-2 and then defeating Boston College 5-2.
The Colorado Rockies' new closer is an old familiar face.
Spring training is starting, and it's time for Robinson Cano, Shin-Soo Choo and a number of other big names to suit up for new teams. Free agent signings are the lifeblood of baseball's offseason, helping fans stay engaged during the cold of winter.