- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Thiago Motta
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was voted the French league's player of the year by his fellow professionals for the second straight season.
Thiago Motta scored as Paris Saint-Germain beat Lorient 1-0 on Friday to provisionally increase its lead over Monaco to 11 points atop the French league.
Midfielder Thiago Motta has extended his contract with Paris Saint-Germain for a further year, tying him to the French league leader until 2016.
Paris Saint-Germain has signed midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Newcastle on a three-and-a-half year deal Wednesday, the latest step in the ambitious French club's bid to become one of Europe's biggest teams.
Motta says "I'm very happy to continue following my dreams with Paris Saint-Germain" and "I want to help the club reach their ambitious goals, both in France and in Europe."
"Arsenal made an offer for me but Newcastle decided not to accept it," he said. "That was their choice and at the start it was hard to take, but looking back on things and considering how we played in the subsequent six months, it was the right choice."