- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
Topic - Thomas Boswell
They're proud, accomplished men. They worked together to build a World Series contender. It isn't working this year. Have they reached some kind of untenable spot in their relationship?
"If it doesn't happen this year -- it probably will -- but if not, probably next year," said Thomas Boswell, a University of Miami geography professor who studies population trends, to CNN. "It doesn't surprise demographers. e have seen it coming for a long time."
Boswell noted that late Yankees owner George Steinbrenner used to fire pitching coach Art Fowler when he wanted Billy Martin to quit.