- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Thomas J. Olmsted
Latest Thomas J. Olmsted Items
Take a case that, on the surface, looks really bad. Assign an evil motive. Ignore nuanced facts. Stir in media outcry. Demand that the government step in.
The bishop of Phoenix stripped a Roman Catholic hospital Tuesday of its ability to describe itself as "Catholic" after ruling that the hospital had performed abortions and been involved with other procedures contrary to church teaching.