- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Thomas More Society
The Thomas More Society Pro-Life Law Center is a Chicago non-profit law firm primarily devoted to abortion related cases.The firm contributed an Amicus Curiae brief to the Varnum v. Brien case, in which the Iowa Supreme Court upheld a lower court decision allowing same-sex marriage in Iowa. - Source: Wikipedia
A number of Illinois legislators face stiff challenges from their own side and special interest groups in the March 18 primary election because of risky votes they made, either for cutting state worker retirement benefits or legalizing gay marriage. Elsewhere, coveted seats have opened up as incumbents seek higher office.
Jubilant same-sex couples began lining up for marriage licenses in Chicago on Friday after a federal judge ruled there was no reason for residents of Illinois' largest county to wait until the state's new gay marriage law takes effect, a decision some hope will prompt county clerks statewide to begin issuing the documents.
Some of those who fear a war on Christmas will be pleased to learn that a nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus will be displayed at Florida's Capitol in Tallahassee on Tuesday and will remain throughout the Christmas season.
State lawmakers have approved making California the first state to write into law much of the national mortgage settlement negotiated this year with the nation's top five banks.
A traditional-values advocacy group says it will intervene to file legal papers this week in support of an Illinois marriage law, after officials in the Democrat-dominated state government refused to defend the law in court.
On one side of the fence are women in habits who have taken vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. On the other, if a developer gets his way, will be women in G-strings in the business of nudity, cash and prurience.