- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Thomas Pynchon Items
Depending on how you feel about the Internet, the marvelous invention that for some people is like life itself, this may be the perfect book for you. OK, perfection's a tough standard, so let's call this a fine book for anyone who likes — in addition to computers — thrillers, good vs. evil, lusty romance, New York City and Thomas Pynchon, though not necessarily in that order.
Another major e-book holdout has joined the digital world: Thomas Pynchon.
Few private investigators in any brand of fiction faced the kinds of roadblocks Larry "Doc" Sportello encounters in Thomas Pynchon's "Inherent Vice." (Did Columbo ever wade through an armada of acid flashbacks to solve a crime or save the innocent?)