- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Thomas S. Monson
Latest Thomas S. Monson Items
While much recent attention has focused on the fresh attitudes and media savvy of Pope Francis, now in his eighth month as bishop of Rome, another major denomination, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is also seeing its top leaders express a refreshing level of candor.
Pressures that families face formed a thread running through talks during the 183rd Semiannual General Conference. The issues, from addictions to absent fathers, premarital births to depression, are well known to those who study family challenges.
The president of the Mormon church says worldwide membership has hit 15 million, representing a three-fold increase over the three decades.
The Mormon church will lower its minimum age requirements for missionaries from 19 to 18 for men and from 21 to 19 for women, the faith's president announced Saturday.
Interesting. Fox News hosts Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Mike Huckabee among the nation's most admired men?