- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Latest Tibet Items
New Mexico plans to celebrate the anniversary of Tibet's rebellion against China.
During days of trials, courtroom drama, disappointments and heartache, there's nothing like a wagging tail, the warmth of big, brown eyes and a well-placed lick on the ankle.
The American Embassy in China on Tuesday released photographs of U.S. Ambassador Gary Locke on a visit to Tibet, the tightly restricted Himalayan region repressed by Chinese communist authorities.
With China's "peaceful rise" giving way to a more muscular approach, Beijing has broadened its "core interests" and exhibited a growing readiness to take risks.
A massive landslide engulfed a gold mining area in mountainous Tibet, burying 83 workers believed to have been asleep early Friday morning, Chinese state media said.
Lashing back at criticism from China, the Dalai Lama on Tuesday said Beijing needs to thoroughly investigate the causes of self-immolations by Tibetans and blamed "narrow-minded Communist officials" for seeing Buddhist culture as a threat.
China accused the Dalai Lama on Monday of allying with Japanese right-wingers in an island dispute as a way of attacking China and blamed him for the glorification of a wave of self-immolations among Tibetans.
Tibetan protests against Chinese rule intensified around the opening of a pivotal Communist Party Congress, as three teenage monks and two other Tibetans set themselves on fire over two days, activists reported Thursday.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry this week lashed out at U.S. Ambassador Gary Locke,accusing him of meddling in China's domestic affairs after he questioned its policies toward Tibet, where Buddhist monks have been burning themselves to death to protest Chinese rule.