- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Latest Tibet Items
New Mexico plans to celebrate the anniversary of Tibet's rebellion against China.
During days of trials, courtroom drama, disappointments and heartache, there's nothing like a wagging tail, the warmth of big, brown eyes and a well-placed lick on the ankle.
The American Embassy in China on Tuesday released photographs of U.S. Ambassador Gary Locke on a visit to Tibet, the tightly restricted Himalayan region repressed by Chinese communist authorities.
With China's "peaceful rise" giving way to a more muscular approach, Beijing has broadened its "core interests" and exhibited a growing readiness to take risks.
A massive landslide engulfed a gold mining area in mountainous Tibet, burying 83 workers believed to have been asleep early Friday morning, Chinese state media said.
Lashing back at criticism from China, the Dalai Lama on Tuesday said Beijing needs to thoroughly investigate the causes of self-immolations by Tibetans and blamed "narrow-minded Communist officials" for seeing Buddhist culture as a threat.
China accused the Dalai Lama on Monday of allying with Japanese right-wingers in an island dispute as a way of attacking China and blamed him for the glorification of a wave of self-immolations among Tibetans.
Tibetan protests against Chinese rule intensified around the opening of a pivotal Communist Party Congress, as three teenage monks and two other Tibetans set themselves on fire over two days, activists reported Thursday.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry this week lashed out at U.S. Ambassador Gary Locke,accusing him of meddling in China's domestic affairs after he questioned its policies toward Tibet, where Buddhist monks have been burning themselves to death to protest Chinese rule.