- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Tim Cluess
Tim Cluess has been given a contract extension by Iona through 2018-19 after leading the Gaels to two NCAA tournaments in his first four seasons,
Iona, which won the MAAC regular-season title but stumbled in the conference tournament, was given a bid into the NCAA tournament, and will meet BYU in the first round on Tuesday in Dayton, Ohio.
"With two minutes left in the first half it looked as if the two teams looked at each other like it was a prize fight," Iona coach Tim Cluess said. "Neither team let down their guard."
"If you look at what we did in the last 20-25 games of the year, then we're an NCAA team," coach Tim Cluess said. "If you look at our overall record, we're probably not. Our job was to win tonight. We didn't."