- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
Latest tim cook Items
The departure of Steve Jobs from the role of CEO leaves Apple Inc. with a deep bench of executives who have been with the company for more than a dozen years _ an unusual lineup for a company in the fast-moving technology world.
With Steve Jobs bowing out as CEO, Apple Inc. must persuade investors and consumers that it doesn't need the force behind the iMac, iPod, iPhone and iPad in charge to keep the technology hits coming.
Text of Apple Inc.'s announcement that Steve Jobs resigned as CEO:
JOBS RESIGNS: Steve Jobs, the creative force behind the iPhone, iPad and other devices that turned Apple Inc. into one of the world's most powerful companies, resigned as CEO.
THE SITUATION: Apple said Wednesday that Steve Jobs resigned from the CEO post _ a move that seems to be motivated by his ongoing health issues. Jobs had been on indefinite medical leave since January. Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, was named CEO. He had been Apple's acting CEO since January.
Steve Jobs' resignation as Apple Inc.'s CEO on Wednesday was freighted with sentimental significance, the curtain call on a dramatic 14-year performance in which he rescued one of the world's most beloved brands from the brink of technological irrelevance.
Apple fans and would-be customers seemed to agree that while Steve Jobs' charisma and innovative genius is one-of-a-kind, the company he built will survive without him.
Some key dates from the life and work of Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc., who resigned Wednesday as CEO.
Steve Jobs, the mind behind the iPhone, iPad and other devices that turned Apple Inc. into one of the world's most powerful companies, resigned as CEO on Wednesday, saying he can no longer handle the job but will continue to play a leadership role.