- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Latest tim cook Items
As CEOs, Sam Walton, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs possessed common traits. They were tireless workers, demanding bosses and sticklers for detail. They were visionaries, too, who reshaped their respective industries.
The departure of Steve Jobs from the role of CEO leaves Apple Inc. with a deep bench of executives who have been with the company for more than a dozen years _ an unusual lineup for a company in the fast-moving technology world.
Apple has given Tim Cook 1 million shares of restricted stock as he takes over as reins of the company from Steve Jobs. At current prices, the stock package is worth more than $383 million.
Steve Jobs has been Apple's most recognizable personality, but much of its cachet comes from its clean, inviting designs. For that, Apple can credit its head designer, Jonathan Ive.
Some key dates from the life and work of Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc., who resigned Wednesday as CEO.
Apple headquarters is still standing in this leafy Silicon Valley suburb even after Steve Jobs' industry-rattling announcement that he was resigning as chief executive of the company he co-founded in a garage more than three decades ago.
Steve Jobs' resignation as Apple Inc.'s CEO on Wednesday was freighted with sentimental significance, the curtain call on a dramatic 14-year performance in which he rescued one of the world's most beloved brands from the brink of technological irrelevance.
Whatever happens to Apple Inc. in the post-Steve Jobs era, the legacy of its enigmatic, charismatic co-founder appears secure.
The end of Steve Jobs' reign as Apple Inc. CEO doesn't mean he is bowing out as the maestro of personal technology.