- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Tim Smith Items
The Alabama transfer, once one of the nation's most highly rated high school quarterbacks at Oscar Smith High School in Chesapeake, played in all 12 games for the Cavaliers last season, starting four.
Cody Journell kicked a 29-yard field goal with 4 seconds to play, and Virginia Tech beat Virginia 17-14 Saturday to qualify for a bowl game and win its ninth straight from its in-state rival.
When Virginia wasn't taking the ball from Mike Glennon, the Cavaliers were throwing him to the turf. Their defense forced five turnovers — after getting just four in the previous eight games — and six sacks in a 33-6 rout of North Carolina State on Saturday that snapped a six-game losing streak.
Since Mike London arrived at Virginia, very little about the Cavaliers' quarterback situation has been absolute. So the coach's latest announcement was only fitting.
Virginia's receivers enter each huddle waiting to hear a high number.
Virginia's workouts this summer often ended in the same way.
Facebook's stock plunged to a new low Thursday as some of the social networking leader's early backers got their first chance to sell their shares since the company's initial public offering went awry.
Virginia’s season has had no shortage of magical moments. Saturday night, the ante was raised.
Find a list of nasty, physical ACC rivalries, and it's not likely to contain Virginia-Duke. Perhaps it's time for a revision.