- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Times-Dispatch Items
For programs that rarely play and have very different football traditions, Virginia and Penn State share a number of personnel connections.
College football's newest trend comes to Richmond on Saturday when the University of Virginia holds a practice at Sports Backers Stadium at 3 p.m.
Authorities said Sunday they are investigating the "tragic" and "suspicious deaths" of a 40-year-old man and two 3-year-old girls, all related, whose bodies were found this weekend in a modest, ranch-style home in a community near Richmond.
Andy Geiger couldn't escape the "weird feeling" he could have hired Jerry Sandusky, now charged with 40 counts of sex abuse of eight boys, as Maryland's football coach.
Whether it's the economy or gun control, liberals rarely consider the consequences of their misguided schemes. President Obama wants more "investment" spending to help the economy even though his nearly $1 trillion in supposed stimulus did nothing to reduce unemployment. Keynesian economics didn't work under Franklin D. Roosevelt or Jimmy Carter, either, but the left refuses to learn the lesson. Now we know that gun-grabber complaints about concealed-carry in bars and restaurants are nonsense too.
"Small potatoes" is how the man with the task of parceling out $7.7 million from a private compensation fund for families of the 32 victims of the Virginia Tech massacre described the paltry $180,000 each will receive.