- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Timothy Daniel
A 34-year-old Ohio man who unsuccessfully represented himself during his murder trial last month has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.
Authorities in eastern Ohio say a man representing himself in his aggravated murder trial didn't get the testimony he wanted from two former girlfriends.
"That kind of really changed my whole game plan," Daniel said in court later, according to the newspaper.
Daniel said he will appeal.