- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
Latest Timothy Dolan Items
A New York Times ad criticizing Catholic Supreme Court justices who ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby’s religious freedom case is part of a long history of anti-Catholic bigotry in the U.S., Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York has said.
Local Catholics are lamenting New York state legislators' move to deny a tax credit that would boost funding to create scholarships for students in need at private and religious schools.
Pope Francis on Saturday appointed three auxiliary bishops for the Archdiocese of New York, including one priest who ministered at Ground Zero after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
At a communications conference in Rome this week, Cardinal Timothy Dolan offered his own observations on how to communicate effectively, emphasizing the importance of addressing hard issues.
Lay Catholics on the East Coast have teamed up with a prominent cardinal to create ads for secular radio proclaiming the Church’s message to an audience who may not otherwise hear it.
The budget being negotiated in Albany will establish not only how much state aid school districts will receive, but it also could affect the age many kids start going to school, when they begin standardized tests and even influence whether they go to public or private school.
New York City Cardinal Timothy Dolan and bishops from around the state made a lobbying push at the Capitol on Tuesday for a long-sought tax credit that could save Catholic schools from shuttering.
Cardinal Timothy Dolan of the Archdiocese of New York said Sunday that Pope Francis has not endorsed same-sex civil unions, but rather he called for a dialogue to see why it's gaining in popularity.
New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan says he anticipates Pope Francis will meet with sex abuse victims.