- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Timothy Heaphy Items
A fourth person has pleaded guilty for his role in a Virginia-based operation that sold fake driver's licenses to thousands of college students and others across the country.
A former correctional officer has pleaded guilty to smuggling contraband into the federal prison in Lee County.
The U.S. attorney for Virginia's western district says the office collected more than $500 million in criminal and civil penalties in the last fiscal year.
Lisa Gesik hesitates to log into her Facebook account nowadays because of unwanted "friend" requests, not from long-ago classmates but from the ex-husband now in prison for kidnapping her and her daughter.
A contract killer for a large drug ring and murder-for-hire operation a decade ago cooperated with prosecutors and became a star witness for the government. But there is a price to be paid for such testimony.
Frank Howard was an accused child killer. Now he is a federally protected witness. His story provides insight into the little-known deals prosecutors sometimes make to convict high-profile crime figures.