- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Topic - Timothy L. Drake
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and trying to cover it up received the lightest possible punishment Tuesday night after being convicted of lesser charges earlier in the day.
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with brutally beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and attempting to cover it up was convicted yesterday, one day after his court-martial began.
PETERSBURG, Va. — A soldier testified yesterday that he saw Sgt. 1st Class Timothy L. Drake beat an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat, then assaulted a detainee himself when goaded by Sgt. Drake.