- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Timothy L. Drake
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and trying to cover it up received the lightest possible punishment Tuesday night after being convicted of lesser charges earlier in the day.
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with brutally beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and attempting to cover it up was convicted yesterday, one day after his court-martial began.
PETERSBURG, Va. — A soldier testified yesterday that he saw Sgt. 1st Class Timothy L. Drake beat an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat, then assaulted a detainee himself when goaded by Sgt. Drake.