- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Timothy L. Drake
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and trying to cover it up received the lightest possible punishment Tuesday night after being convicted of lesser charges earlier in the day.
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) — A soldier charged with brutally beating an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat and attempting to cover it up was convicted yesterday, one day after his court-martial began.
PETERSBURG, Va. — A soldier testified yesterday that he saw Sgt. 1st Class Timothy L. Drake beat an Iraqi detainee with a baseball bat, then assaulted a detainee himself when goaded by Sgt. Drake.