- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Timothy M. Kaine
Latest Timothy M. Kaine Items
RICHMOND (AP) — The report due out Friday on the Virginia Tech shootings must explain how a student so troubled that he terrified teachers and students slipped layers of institutional safeguards and killed 32 persons, the governor and families of the slain said.
Former Sen. George Allen has not ruled out another run for Virginia governor in 2009 but he will not run for the Senate again even if Sen. John W. Warner decides to retire.
A Circuit Court judge in Henrico County, Va., yesterday upheld the state"s new abuser fees against resident drivers as constitutional, handing lawmakers who have supported the program their first legal victory.
RICHMOND — College students are pushing for their schools to allow them to carry guns on campus, saying they should have the right to protect themselves in a situation like the one in which 32 Virginia Tech students and faculty were fatally shot.
RICHMOND — A Henrico County prosecutor yesterday argued that the state has the constitutional right to impose stiff "abuser fees" solely against Virginia drivers because those drivers are responsible for most of the wear and tear on local roads.
A U.S. Navy veteran with a clean driving record who faces a $1,050 civil remedial fee after he was cited for driving 20 mph over the speed limit in Arlington sued the state of Virginia yesterday over its "abuser fee" program.
The hot, dry weather has Loudoun County officials preparing a formal request to Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine for emergency drought aid for local farmers.