- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Tina Weirather
The international season in Alpine skiing ended Sunday with the final races of the five-month World Cup campaign.
Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein has pulled out of Saturday's women's Olympic super-G after failing to recover from a training crash.
Tina Weirather says she's out of the Olympic women's downhill because of an injury sustained after a training crash.
Olympic downhill contender Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein says she is struggling with a leg injury ahead of Wednesday's race.
It took some major course work to turn the last big jump on the women's Olympic downhill from terrifying to rather tame.
Before the races actually start, the biggest story line in Alpine skiing at the Sochi Olympics centers around someone who will not be there: Lindsey Vonn, the reigning downhill gold medalist and a four-time overall World Cup champion.
Swiss skier Lara Gut mastered a windy super-G Sunday in the final World Cup speed race before the Sochi Olympics, rediscovering the form that helped her win three straight races to open the season.
Defending overall World Cup champion Tina Maze finally got her first victory of the season, winning the prestigious Cortina downhill Saturday to signal a return to form just in time for the Sochi Olympics.
"It's hard to have four good races in a row but I will try," she said.
She said she's most excited about giant slalom but she'll also be a contender in downhill and super-combined.