- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Tom Ammiano Items
Children in California public schools must be accommodated based on their self-perceived gender identity — which means biological girls may use boys' bathrooms and biological boys may join the girls' cheerleading squads — under a law signed Monday by California Gov. Jerry Brown.
California schools will soon be required to allow transgender students to use the bathroom and locker room of their choosing, as well as participate on same-sex sports teams, regardless of their gender, Red Alert Politics reported Tuesday.
California lawmakers have submitted legislation that would require group insurance to cover gay and lesbian infertility treatments just as they do heterosexual. The problem is, the law would apply to anyone, regardless of gender.
President Barack Obama says he won't go after pot users in Colorado and Washington, two states that just legalized the drug for recreational use. But advocates argue the president said the same thing about medical marijuana _ and yet U.S. attorneys continue to force the closure of dispensaries across the U.S.
California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first to require public schools to include in social studies curricula the contributions of gays and lesbians.