- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Tom Corbett Items
As state officials closed the door Tuesday on candidate petitions for Pennsylvania's May 20 primary ballot, Republican Gov. Tom Corbett faced not only a critical crowd of would-be Democrat challengers, but now a GOP foe at the opposite end of the political spectrum.
Pittsburgh's mayor and a host of other politicians from western Pennsylvania have endorsed Democrat Tom Wolf for governor.
Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia has said he has "great confidence" that Pope Francis will attend the World Meeting of Families, to be held in the city in September 2015.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Friday:
Gov. Tom Corbett appeared ready Thursday to drop one of the most controversial conditions of his proposal to accept billions of federal Medicaid expansion dollars and extend taxpayer-subsidized insurance to hundreds of thousands of working poor in Pennsylvania.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Wednesday:
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's still working on a plan to change the state's system of liquor stores but isn't giving any new information about what might eventually be enacted.
Pennsylvania military veterans can now have their service noted on state driver's licenses, offering them a way to demonstrate their status if they don't have military ID handy.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's feeling "great" five days after undergoing surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.