- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Steve King
Topic - Tom Dimitroff
General manager Thomas Dimitroff believes the NFL draft gave the Atlanta Falcons just what they needed.
The Atlanta Falcons picked up some badly needed protection for quarterback Matt Ryan, selecting offensive tackle Jake Matthews of Texas A&M at No. 6 in the NFL draft Thursday night.
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -
Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff has been testing the market for a possible NFL draft-day trade and said Wednesday he won't be reluctant to make a deal.
The Atlanta Falcons began a major overhaul Tuesday after a dismal season, signing three linemen at the start of free agency, re-signing defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux, and cutting former Pro Bowl safety Thomas DeCoud.
Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff have signed one-year contract extensions through the 2016 season.
The Atlanta Falcons hired Scott Pioli as assistant general manager on Wednesday, reuniting him with GM Thomas Dimitroff.
The Atlanta Falcons replaced Michael Turner with another proven, productive running back.
The Atlanta Falcons found their replacement for Michael Turner on Thursday by agreeing to terms with Steven Jackson, considered the top free-agent running back, on a three-year, $12 million deal.
The Falcons have some big holes at the start of free agency. Tight end isn't one of them.
The Atlanta Falcons started their youth movement Friday by ditching three key players from the most successful era in franchise history.
Asante Samuel was willing to restructure his contract to play for the Atlanta Falcons.
The Atlanta Falcons were in negotiations on Tuesday to acquire cornerback Asante Samuel from the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Atlanta Falcons on Friday placed the franchise tag on cornerback Brent Grimes, assuring he will receive more than $10 million if he signs the tender.
Thomas Dimitroff is determined to make this a normal NFL draft.
"This is a guy who is big and fast, really good natural agility and movement for a bigger safety," Dimitroff said.
Dimitroff said the Falcons made sure that Shembo fits the team's character criteria despite concerns stemming from his freshman year with the Irish.