- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
Latest Tom Frieden Items
Sounding an alarm about the growing threat of superbugs, the Obama administration is proposing a jump in spending to fight antibiotic-resistant germs in hospitals.
Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer asked the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday to initiate a formal investigation into what has caused polio-like paralysis in about 20 children in California over the past 18 months.
Childhood obesity has dropped 43 percent over the last decade, but critics say it's too early to celebrate.
Pennington Biomedical Research Center will host part of a nationwide federal health survey.
Flu season seems to be winding down, and it's been an odd one.
Children are dying less often in traffic accidents: Over a decade, the number who died in crashes dropped by 43 percent, according to a new government report.
In a story Jan. 17 about the surgeon general's tobacco report, The Associated Press misspelled the acting surgeon general's first name. His name is Boris Lushniak, not Borish Lushniak.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed 175 cases of measles so far this year, a significant spike that’s attributed largely to the failure of those infected to get vaccinated, medical professionals said.
Two advocacy groups are demanding that transgender women be given free mammograms under President Obama's new health care law, following reports that a transgender woman was denied a government-financed mammogram at a clinic in Colorado.