- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Tom Gorzelanny Items
The Washington Nationals used Chien-Ming Wang in relief for the first time Friday, summoning him with one out in the fifth when manager Davey Johnson felt it was time to pull the plug on Ross Detwiler's night.
As Henry Rodriguez took the mound at Citizens Bank Park on Monday night, all eyes from the Washington Nationals' dugout and bullpen were on him. The warm-up pitches, they knew, would tell them all they needed to know.
It might be hard, but let's not make World Series reservations just yet for the 12-4 Washington Nationals.
Nationals pitcher Edwin Jackson may have taken the loss, but in the words of manager Davey Johnson, reliever Tom Gorzelanny "took this one on the shin."
The Washington Nationals learned early Monday afternoon that their closer, the man who'd saved 43 games for them in 2011, was going to spend his Tuesday visiting Dr. James Andrews and getting a second opinion on his tender right elbow.
Tyler Clippard remembers it well, the bullpen that birthed his All-Star relief career. It was horrible.
Taking a look at the roster the Nationals will break the 2012 season with.
With Jordan Zimmermann's four scoreless innings Saturday afternoon, the Washington Nationals completed their third full turn through their starting rotation this spring.
Nationals spring training roster