- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
Latest Tom Harkin Items
U.S. Sens. Chuck Grassley and Tom Harkin are among those celebrating the new the top federal prosecutor for northern Iowa.
Senate Republicans derailed a Democratic drive Wednesday to raise the federal minimum wage, blocking a cornerstone of President Barack Obama's economic plans and ensuring the issue will be a major feature of this fall's congressional elections.
A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
Concerns about electronic cigarettes, including flavors and marketing that could appeal to young people, underscore the need to regulate the fast-growing industry, according to a Congressional report released Monday.
U.S. Labor Secretary Tom Perez will hold events in Des Moines and Ottumwa this weekend.
Several U.S. senators on Wednesday introduced a bill that would curb electronic cigarette marketing while the fast-growing industry awaits regulation by the Food and Drug Administration.
A Des Moines attorney who once led Iowa's Department of Public Safety has been confirmed as the top federal prosecutor in northern Iowa.
Sen. Tom Harkin says that raising the minimum wage is a "moral and economic" issue and that most Americans favor an increase.
Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Bruce Braley continues to hold a substantial fundraising lead over the Republicans vying to oppose him in the general election, according to numbers his campaign provided Friday.