- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
Latest Tom Harkin Items
Congress's chief budget scorekeeper is sticking by his recent report saying that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 would probably reduce employment by 500,000 jobs, but conceded Wednesday the figure is "a central estimate in a wide range."
Senators blocked President Obama's nominee to lead the Justice Department's civil rights division Wednesday in a bipartisan filibuster, with opponents saying his history defending a convicted cop-killer in the Supreme Court made him a poor choice.
Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
With six women running in House and Senate primaries in Iowa this year, some are wondering if 2014 might be the year that the state finally sends a woman to Washington.
Several U.S. senators on Wednesday introduced a bill that would curb electronic cigarette marketing while the fast-growing industry awaits regulation by the Food and Drug Administration.
Iowa is getting $3 million from the U.S. Department of Education to help turn around low-achieving schools.
A Des Moines attorney who once led Iowa's Department of Public Safety has been confirmed as the top federal prosecutor in northern Iowa.
On the eighth day, God created pizza. It made everyone forget the forbidden fruit.
Sen. Tom Harkin says that raising the minimum wage is a "moral and economic" issue and that most Americans favor an increase.