- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Tom Harkin Items
Rep. Tom Latham, Iowa Republican, said he won't seek the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin.
Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin took to the floor of Senate Appropriations Committee on Thursday and echoed what House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi recently told Fox News' Chris Wallace: the federal government does not have a spending problem.
U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin will not seek re-election in 2014, the Iowa Democrat said Saturday.
Sen. Tom Harkin announced Saturday that he will not seek another term in office — putting another dent in Democrats' chances of hanging onto control of the Senate in the 2014 election.
OWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa Board of Regents member worked behind the scenes to create a university institute honoring her husband, Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin, and then pushed for its approval before two of the couple's allies left the board, according to an email obtained by The Associated Press.
When the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded $3 million in smoking-cessation funds to Iowa clinics back in 2010, home state Sen. Tom Harkin crowed he helped secure the money using his position on the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee.
A South Korean businessman and his Iowa metals company gave $500,000 to a university institute honoring Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin, who is pushing for a dollar coin that could generate tens of millions of dollars in new business for the company, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
When the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded $3 million in smoking cessation funds to Iowa clinics back in 2010, home state Sen. Tom Harkin crowed he helped secure the money using his position on the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee.
While admitting that Congress is unlikely to do much about it in the near future, Sen. Tom Harkin on Monday released a lengthy, scathing report on the perceived evils and excesses of the for-profit college industry.