- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Tom Howell Jr.
We pointed out in a story by Tom Howell Jr. last week that the controversial "drum major" quote inscribed on the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial had not been changed despite pledges from the National Park Service six months ago to fix it.
Virginia agencies can ban gay adoption; IRS files tax lien on Barry; Gray prepares city for snowstorms; Metro cracks down on iThefts; Maryland lawmakers meet, make influential spending recommendations; Police mistakenly says Virginia man murdered daughter; D.C. to regulate tattooing and body piercing; Sun: Maryland could play roll in GOP presidential primary.
McDonnell-backed pension-reform plan wouldn't save money; Senate hears rural gripes on PlanMaryland; Maryland sees increase in youth cigar smoking; Week of wrangling in store for D.C. ethics bill; Crucifix-Santa disassembler speaks; India trip garners Md. $60 million in investment; One City-One Hire moves to Phase 2; Gray preps environmental package; Schaefer's trains find a home; Bolling-Cuccinelli: Burgers vs. paintball
Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier anticipates gun violence to escalate as colder weather settles in. That seems to be the first and most logical conclusion to statements she made Tuesday, after a night of violence in every quadrant of the District.
First findings on Gray hirings due Aug. 24; D.C. police commander demoted post-'Sheen-gate'; Conservative Black running again in Virginia; Virgina's Henrico County approves mosque; Warner overlooked for 'supercommittee'; Maryland GOP's Kittleman alone on same-sex marriage; D.C. 'jock tax' languishes on Capitol Hill; Flight to D.C. diverted, minor injuries.