- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Tom Latham
With six women running in House and Senate primaries in Iowa this year, some are wondering if 2014 might be the year that the state finally sends a woman to Washington.
Former Gov. Chet Culver says he won't run for elected office this year.
Republican state Sen. Brad Zaun says he's running for the U.S. House seat being vacated by retiring Rep. Tom Latham.
Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz on Wednesday said nine additional cases of potential voter fraud have been reported in the state, the latest development in an ongoing debate over whether officials should invest resources on such cases.
A conservative Republican who owns a construction company is entering the race for the U.S. House seat being vacated by retiring Rep. Tom Latham.
Moving with striking speed and overwhelming bipartisanship, Congress on Friday ordered President Obama to cancel the furloughs of air traffic controllers, making the second big dent in the budget sequesters.
Rep. Tom Latham, Iowa Republican, said he won't seek the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin.
Sen. Tom Harkin announced Saturday that he will not seek another term in office — putting another dent in Democrats' chances of hanging onto control of the Senate in the 2014 election.
Washington is abuzz over whether House Speaker John A. Boehner is purging conservatives from positions of power within his caucus. In a closed-door meeting Monday, Republican leaders stripped plum committee assignments from four outspoken advocates of limited government.
The regional authority overseeing one of the largest public works projects in the country is rife with mismanagement, a glaring lack of transparency and lavish spending habits that have included thousand-dollar dinners and a $9,200 plane ticket to Prague, according to a scathing interim report from the U.S. Department of Transportation's inspector general.
Some thought Culver might seek the Democratic nomination for the 3rd Congressional District after incumbent Republican Rep. Tom Latham announced he would retire.
Latham, a Republican, announced last month his plans to retire after finishing his 10th term.