- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Tom Malinowski
President Obama's ideal candidate for Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, has lingered in bureaucratic limbo for 250 days.
"The Karzai government is the product of many unprincipled compromises over the years with corrupt, powerful figures who are out to help themselves not their constituents. That, in turn, created an environment that allowed the Taliban to regain influence in much of the country. It's a double whammy," said Tom Malinowski, Washington advocacy director for Human Rights Watch.
Tom Malinowski, Washington director for Human Rights Watch, said if START had been voted down, the effect may have been worse for human rights in Russia.