- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Tom Martin
Newt Gingrich, regarded as the Republicans' best strategist when he was in Congress and still seen as one of its best planners, announced in Atlanta on Thursday that he has created a website asking people to donate to "Newt Explore 2012."
"Newt is the smartest of the possible challengers and could best Obama in debate," said Virginia conservative activist Tom Martin, reflecting the opinion of many Republicans and independents who flock to events featuring Mr. Gingrich.