- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Tom Mccarthy Items
The members of The National loved the movie "Win Win." In fact, the rockers loved it so much that when director Tom McCarthy asked them to write music for it, they were a little worried their song might not live up to expectations.
They may be low-budget independent films, but the premieres at next month's Sundance Film Festival are loaded with stars, including Al Pacino, Katie Holmes, Pierce Brosnan, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Spacey and Tobey Maguire.
Six writers, including two-time winner Peter Carey and bookies' favorite Tom McCarthy, were in the running Tuesday for literature's prestigious Booker Prize.
British writer Howard Jacobson won the prestigious Booker Prize Tuesday with his philosophical comedy "The Finkler Question," beating five other writers, including two-time winner Peter Carey and the bookies' favorite, Tom McCarthy.
Australian writer Peter Carey moved closer to a literary hat trick Tuesday when he was named a finalist for fiction's prestigious Booker Prize, an award he has already won twice.