- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
- GOP tsunami coming as even Dem-leaning voters bolt: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Tom Mcclintock
A look at the most competitive California House races in this year's midterm elections, based on demographics, fundraising reports and interviews with political analysts and Republican and Democratic strategists.
The House approved a wide-ranging public lands bill Thursday that would speed logging of trees burned in last year's massive Rim Fire in California.
In his op-ed "Putting freedom back to work" (Tuesday), Rep. Tom McClintock, California Republican, made the point that government spending cannot create jobs.
"Economists from every part of the spectrum have warned us that we have just a few precious years left to avoid a sovereign debt crisis and, potentially, the financial collapse of the United States government," said Rep. Tom McClintock, California Republican.