- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
Latest tom ridge Items
Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has resigned from Michael I. Bloomberg's new gun control group, delivering a setback for the former New York City Mayor soon after he announced that he plans to spend $50 million on efforts associated with the group and this year's midterm elections.
Mercyhurst University is naming its intelligence studies program after Tom Ridge, the former Pennsylvania governor and U.S. homeland security secretary.
Former Pennsylvania governor and U.S. homeland security chief Tom Ridge will speak at Bethany College's spring commencement.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Friday:
The Treasury Department's counterterrorism arm is investigating speaking fees paid to a longtime Democratic Party leader who is among the most vocal advocates for Iranian dissidents designated as a terrorist group by the State Department.
The Department of Homeland Security began work in 2007 on a program to secure the nation's chemical plants from terrorist attack. But 4½ years and nearly a half-billion dollars later, there is little to show for it.
Former Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge said Tuesday that fellow Republican Michele Bachmann, the Minnesota congresswoman who has been surging in the 2012 GOP presidential sweepstakes in recent weeks, was unelectable and unqualified to be commander in chief.
Big energy companies have set up shop to tap the Marcellus Shale, a massive chunk of marine sedimentary rock stretching from the Finger Lakes region of New York as far south as Kentucky and Tennessee, holding within its subterranean grip vast deposits of natural gas.
The death of Osama bin Laden is an epochal moment in counterterrorism. In the greater struggle of the civilized world against the jihadist movement, however, it is just one of many milestones along the road.