- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Tom Rooney Items
Saturday brought more evidence of how differently President Obama and congressional Republicans will approach this crucial election year, with the White House turning attention to its economic and income-equality agenda while the GOP remains focused on the health-care reform law and its fallout across the country.
The House continues to debate the annual defense spending bill Wednesday and is likely to consider controversial amendments that would defund domestic data-gathering by the National Security Agency and spike President Obama's plan to arm Syrian insurgents.