- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Tom Slater
"Annie Oakley is remembered as an incredibly talented trick shooter," said Tom Slater, with Heritage auctioneers, The Daily Mail reported. "She was so popular that arguably she made Buffalo Bill's show famous, not the other way around. ... [She] was named Little Sure Shot by Native American chief Sitting Bull, who also toured with the show."
Mr. Slater said he thinks the surveying equipment will be of particular interest to those interested in Washington's early life, before he became commander in chief of the continental army during the Revolutionary War and the nation's first president in 1789.