- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Tom Smith Items
A San Francisco Bay area transit police chief says critics of his agency are misguided, because Bay Area Rapid Transit is fully investigating the death of a BART police officer at the hands of his colleague.
The nine families participating in Workers for Justice and Diversity in Basalt, a group lobbying town officials for replacement housing before their eviction from the Pan and Fork Mobile Home Park this spring, are each fighting for their own reasons.
Fears of prying from the sky have some Minnesota lawmakers seeking clamps on law enforcement's use of unmanned aerial drones to gather evidence.
Thousands of police officers, family and loved ones were among the mourners who gathered at the funeral Wednesday of a San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit officer who was shot and killed by a fellow officer.
Hundreds of mourners paid their respects Tuesday at the viewing for a San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit sergeant accidentally shot and killed by a fellow officer last week during a search of an apartment.
A brother of a San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who accidentally shot and killed a colleague says the two men were friends and golfing partners.
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit agency detective who shot and killed a colleague is a 26-year law enforcement veteran who asked that his name be made public to provide transparency as the fatal shooting is investigated, BART's police chief said Monday.
The San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who was accidentally killed by a fellow officer while they searched an apartment was wearing a bulletproof vest when he suffered a single gunshot wound to the chest, an official said.
Funeral services have been set for a San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who was shot and killed by a fellow officer while they searched the home of a robbery suspect.