- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Tom Smith Items
Thousands of police officers, family and loved ones were among the mourners who gathered at the funeral Wednesday of a San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit officer who was shot and killed by a fellow officer.
Hundreds of mourners paid their respects Tuesday at the viewing for a San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit sergeant accidentally shot and killed by a fellow officer last week during a search of an apartment.
A brother of a San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who accidentally shot and killed a colleague says the two men were friends and golfing partners.
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit agency detective who shot and killed a colleague is a 26-year law enforcement veteran who asked that his name be made public to provide transparency as the fatal shooting is investigated, BART's police chief said Monday.
The San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who was accidentally killed by a fellow officer while they searched an apartment was wearing a bulletproof vest when he suffered a single gunshot wound to the chest, an official said.
Funeral services have been set for a San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who was shot and killed by a fellow officer while they searched the home of a robbery suspect.
The San Francisco Bay Area transit officer who was shot and killed by a fellow officer while they searched an apartment died of a single gunshot wound to the chest, according to autopsy results released Thursday.
A veteran San Francisco Bay Area transit police sergeant who was fatally shot by another officer during a search knew the dangers of the profession and once remarked that it was fortunate that no agency officers had been killed on the job, colleagues said Wednesday.
A federal bankruptcy trustee has filed a new round of lawsuits seeking nearly $80 million from former officials with Mamtek, the company behind a failed plan to build a Randolph County sweetener facility.