- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Tomas Fleischmann Items
Alex Ovechkin rebounded from his Olympic disappointment.
Alex Ovechkin scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and had two assists and Troy Brouwer had two power-play goals Thursday night in the Caps' 5-4 win over Florida.
Ovechkin scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and had two assists and Troy Brouwer had two power-play goals Thursday night, lifting the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 victory over the Florida Panthers.
With their star forward out for a second straight night with an unspecified upper-body injury, Washington won its second game in a row with a 3-2 a shootout victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night.
The Panthers began preparing last year for the beginning of free agency and were one of the busiest teams in the NHL on Friday.
The Colorado Avalanche will be without left wing Tomas Fleischmann for the rest of the season after he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung.
For years, Alex Ovechkin's Washington Capitals have won games by outscoring opponents, and general manager George McPhee wanted to add an experienced, stay-at-home blueliner to solidify the defense.
The Washington Capitals have added experience to their defense by acquiring Scott Hannan in a trade that sends forward Tomas Fleischmann to the Colorado Avalanche.
Forward Tomas Fleischmann has re-signed with the Washington Capitals, getting a $2.6 million, one-year contract.