- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Tomas Fleischmann Items
With their star forward out for a second straight night with an unspecified upper-body injury, Washington won its second game in a row with a 3-2 a shootout victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night.
The Washington Capitals have lacked a second-line center since the departure of Sergei Fedorov three long years ago. Mathieu Perreault, Brooks Laich, Marcus Johansson, Jason Arnott, Tomas Fleischmann and Brendan Morrison were part of the rotating tryout process.
All season long, the Washington Capitals have searched for a recipe for road success. Unable to manufacture energy away from raucous Verizon Center, they spent months falling behind and then losing.
As the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Washington Capitals were attacking. They had turned a blowout into a nail-biter for the Florida Panthers and came perilously close to tying the score and salvaging a point that looked almost impossible in the second period.
Zach Bogosian's elbow made contact with Washington Capitals rookie Cody Eakin's head. That was enough to warrant a Thanksgiving Day hearing for the Winnipeg Jets forward with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
The Panthers began preparing last year for the beginning of free agency and were one of the busiest teams in the NHL on Friday.
If Scott Hannan is going to be back with the Capitals next season, they won't make a move to re-sign him until after unrestricted free agency opens at noon Friday.
The Colorado Avalanche will be without left wing Tomas Fleischmann for the rest of the season after he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung.