- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Tommy Allen
A North Carolina deputy is on administrative leave after his 5-year-old son shot himself in the ear with the officer's service weapon.
Authorities say the 5-year-old son of an Anson County deputy found his father's gun and shot himself.
"He has an unblemished record. He's a good officer, never had any such problems at all with Officer Beam," Mr. Allen told WSOC-TV. "I've talked to him a number of times since Saturday afternoon. He's blaming himself. He's beating himself up. Nothing I could do or anyone else could do could compare to anything he's feeling under the circumstances."
Mr. Allen said his office has been contacted the Department of Social Services and the District Attorney.