- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Tommy Hunter
The Baltimore Orioles have placed right-handed reliever Tommy Hunter on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin.
Miguel Cabrera hit a three-run homer off Tommy Hunter with two outs in the ninth inning and the Detroit Tigers, down to their last strike, rallied past the Baltimore Orioles 4-1 Tuesday night.
Tommy Hunter stood in the middle of a pack of reporters, patiently answering each question.
A reversed call got the uprising started. Then came a walk after the Detroit Tigers were down to their last strike.
The Baltimore Orioles nearly lost twice in 20 hours after taking big leads against the Boston Red Sox in both games.
The Baltimore Orioles had to go into extra innings to earn a victory that seemed assured far earlier in the night.
With the exception of one very clutch swing, the Toronto Blue Jays accomplished very little offensively over 12 agonizing innings.
Tommy Hunter knows there will come a time this season when he blows a ninth-inning lead to turn a potential victory into a frustrating defeat.
Will Middlebrooks hit his second home run off Tommy Hunter in a four-day span, a solo shot in the sixth inning that helped a Boston Red Sox split squad beat the Baltimore Orioles 6-5 Tuesday.
Machado's leg buckled when he reached the first-base bag in the seventh inning of Monday's game at Tampa Bay. He was in obvious pain while being treated on the infield dirt near first by team trainers and stadium medical officials.
It certainly wasn't the homecoming Tommy Hunter envisioned.
Adrian Beltre has hit three home runs in his first three at-bats against the Baltimore Orioles, including two in the Texas Rangers' nine-run fourth inning.
The AL West-leading Texas Rangers are getting some needed help for their bullpen.
The Texas Rangers have activated right-hander Tommy Hunter from the disabled list and designated right-handed reliever Dave Bush for assignment.
Texas Rangers starter Tommy Hunter will miss two to three more weeks after having a setback in his recovery from a right groin strain.
"It's been a rough couple days," Hunter said. "When you don't do your job, it's tough. That's what's happening."
"You can't let arguably one of the best hitters in the game come to the plate," Tommy Hunter said. "You've got to throw a strike right there and I missed."