- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Tommy Hunter Items
Machado's leg buckled when he reached the first-base bag in the seventh inning of Monday's game at Tampa Bay. He was in obvious pain while being treated on the infield dirt near first by team trainers and stadium medical officials.
For eight innings, the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles staged a magnificent duel worthy of two division foes that split 18 games during the regular season and finished two games apart in the standings.
It certainly wasn't the homecoming Tommy Hunter envisioned.
Adrian Beltre has hit three home runs in his first three at-bats against the Baltimore Orioles, including two in the Texas Rangers' nine-run fourth inning.
CC Sabathia pitched a three-hitter and struck out 10 leading New York to a 6-3 victory Friday night that stopped Seattle's seven-game winning streak.
The Washington area will be well-represented in the women's 800-meter freestyle at the London Olympics, as Katie Ledecky and Kate Ziegler qualified for the Games on Sunday night in Omaha, Neb., with the second- and third-fastest times in the world this year.
Wilson Betemit hit a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning after Matt Wieters doubled in two runs, giving the Baltimore Orioles an unlikely 5-2 comeback victory over the Oakland Athletics on Sunday.
Previewing the 2012 Baltimore Orioles
The Atlanta Braves beefed up for another playoff run, acquiring speedy outfielder Michael Bourn from the Houston Astros in a five-player trade Sunday.