- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Tommy John Items
IN THE COURTS
Kansas City Royals right-hander Luke Hochevar will have Tommy John surgery that will sideline the pitcher for the season.
Dr. Frank Jobe, who died Thursday at 88, leaves a remarkable legacy after saving thousands of pitchers' careers through his revolutionary Tommy John surgery.
Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
Fernando Rodney gave up a run and two hits in his debut with the Seattle but Jesus Montero had two singles and an RBI to help the Mariners beat a Chicago White Sox split-squad 7-4 Thursday.
Brandon Beachy pitched three no-hit innings in his second start since having shoulder surgery in September and B.J. Upton doubled among his two hits for the Atlanta braves, who tied the Philadelphia Phillies 2-2 Wednesday.
Felix Hernandez gave up two hits and struck out one over two scoreless innings in his first spring training start as the Seattle Mariners beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-1 Tuesday.
As one of the most famous cases of a successful Tommy John recovery, Stephen Strasburg has advice for Mets' hurler Matt Harvey.
Nick Swisher is excited to be back - even if it is only early March.