- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
Latest Tommy John Items
Former major league pitcher Tommy John says it's "unreal" that so many pitchers need elbow surgery 40 years after he was the first to undergo the procedure that now bears his name.
San Diego Padres starter Josh Johnson is scheduled to undergo elbow ligament-replacement surgery for the second time and will miss the entire season.
Indiana pitcher Kyle Hart will miss the rest of this season because he needs Tommy John surgery.
Right-hander Cory Gearrin is joining the list of Braves pitchers having Tommy John surgery.
Dr. Frank Jobe, who pioneered the elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless pitchers, was remembered Monday as a gifted and caring surgeon with a sense of humor.
For the Atlanta Braves, spring training turned into a matter of survival.
Kris Medlen is out for the season and Brandon Beachy likely will be, too, but the Braves — who won the NL East last season with two key relievers sidelined — know they have no choice but to move ahead.
Jarrod Parker, Kris Medlen and Luke Hochevar are out for the season, Patrick Corbin and Brandon Beachy might join them in the operating room.
Terre Haute native Tommy John is well known for his illustrious major league baseball career, which spanned 26 years and included 288 victories.