- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Tommy John Items
On Friday the Nationals signed their first round pick, Erick Fedde, but saw two of their first nine selections go back to school.
The Nationals agreed to terms with right-handed pitcher Erick Fedde on Friday just before the 5p.m. deadline for Major League Baseball teams to sign draft picks.
Jordan Zimmermann likely won't need to go on the DL after an MRI revealed only a biceps strain for the Nationals right-hander.
All-Star Jordan Zimmermann departed Friday night's game in Philadelphia with a right biceps cramp. He'll get an MRI on Saturday.
Masahiro Tanaka has a partially torn ligament in his right elbow, and the New York Yankees hope their rookie sensation will be able to pitch again this season.
I'm not going to argue the merits of the Strasburg shutdown yet again. But often overlooked in all the debate about Strasburg was the fact that this was the recovery plan the organization came up with for the pitcher who preceded Strasburg in the surgery and recovery path — and has made two All-Star teams since returning.
Braves starter Gavin Floyd left Thursday night's game with a rare injury: a broken arm suffered on a pitch.
Maryland native Gavin Floyd, a year removed from Tommy John surgery, broke his elbow during the seventh inning of a strong pitching performance against the Nationals on Thursday night. The Atlanta Braves won the game 3-0 to start an important four-game series in Washington against their NL East rivals.
"It's really cool, especially for my family and friends," Fedde said. "We're close with their family, and now to be a part of the same organization is pretty cool. Our families can share the experience now."