- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Tommy John Items
Giants closer Brian Wilson is likely headed for surgery on his right elbow after an MRI revealed structural damage and an issue with the ligament, and his season could be in jeopardy.
The outcome of the game — and we'll get to that in a moment — seemed almost incidental Thursday for the Washington Nationals. Of much greater import was the performance of Stephen Strasburg, who was starting the first of what the club is hoping will be a career full of season openers. Did Strasburg look like Strasburg?
He was standing on a mound in Florida last summer trying to throw his first curveball since Tommy John reconstructive surgery on his right elbow. He could hardly reach the catcher.
The Washington Nationals signed versatile infielder-outfielder Xavier Nady to a minor league deal with no opt out on Sunday.
VIERA, Fla. — More than two months after they felt they'd dodged a bullet, the Washington Nationals and left-handed prospect Sammy Solis got exactly the news they were hoping to avoid. Solis will undergo Tommy John ligament replacement surgery on March 6, general manager Mike Rizzo said Tuesday.
The fireballer has flamed out once again, and this time it may be for good.
Joe Nathan and the Texas Rangers agreed Monday night to a two-year contract with a club option for 2014, a move that means closer Neftali Feliz will shift to the starting rotation.
In a quiet moment this week in Philadelphia, Washington Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty was asked to evaluate Stephen Strasburg's first three major league starts. They were a small sampling of exceptional work for someone just more than a year removed from ligament replacement surgery.
Mets right-hander Jason Isringhausen has a herniated disk in his lower back, and the 39-year-old reliever will be sidelined several days.